My assistant Nicole asked me a bunch of questions from a readers point of view. I get e-mails and comments regarding a lot of these questions so I felt this would be the best way to get back to everyone.
- Favorite Color: At the moment, Red. If I were to choose my favorites it would be Black, Navy, Dark Green, Pale Pink and Red
- Favorite Shoe Designer: Manolo Blahnik. However, if you know and follow me, you would know that that is a very difficult question for me to answer. I love a ton of designers, really depending on what I’m looking for.
- Favorite Denim Brands: I have a few as I’m a major denim girl. James Jeans, Black Orchid, Genetic, Paige, Wildfox and JBrand.
- Favorite Worn In Tees: LNA always makes the greatest basic tees that eventually wear in, I also love the J.CREW tee’s and of course the somethingnavy tee’s I’m designing that come out later this month!
- Must Have Beauty Products: I love my CARGO blush, Kevyn Aucoin Mascara, Aquaphor and Keihls Face Moisturizer.
- Phobias: I’m afraid of everything, it’s a terrible quality. I have a huge fear of flying (no one likes flying with me), and all illnesses, hypochondria to the max.
- Favorite Movie: I can’t choose just one movie, but I love all horror films, even the gross gory ones like SAW and Hostel. I also love all the MARVEL films, X-MEN’s, Thor, Wolverine, etc.
- Favorite Food: Cheeseburger, Fries, Sour Patch Kids, Grapes, Apples, pretty much all fruit.
- How many children do you want: 2-3, if I’m lucky!
- Favorite Work Out Clothes: My sleep t-shirts and Lulu Lemon leggings.
- How often do you work out: 3-4 times a week.
- What does your typical diet consist of: Pancakes, Bagels, egg whites, lots of fruit, lots of water, chicken, pasta, whole wheat toast, sushi.
- How often do you eat: I eat when I’m hungry. I am aware of what I eat and try to only put healthy into my body. I don’t believe in cutting things out of your diet (unless you have to) I believe in moderation. I have three meals a day and snacks in between, mostly healthy. I think that if you are watching your weight, keep the carb intake before 12 PM.
- What is your go to outfit: Black skinny jeans, a tee and pointy toe pumps or flats.
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger: Interacting with followers, being motivated constantly (but that goes with any job that you love doing) and being creative.
- Biggest misconception about you: That I don’t eat. It’s false and silly. If you’ve followed me since I started 6 years ago, you’d know this has always been my weight.
- Three must haves in your wardrobe: Pointy Pumps, a great pair of distressed jeans and a cool blazer.
- Engagement Ring Shape: It’s an Emerald cut.
- How did you meet your fiance: On vacation in Cabo, Mexico.
- What does your fiance do for a living: He is a lawyer and in Real Estate.
- How do you budget yourself: I never ever shop unless it’s for shoes. I keep all of my clothing and constantly bring old things back to life by restyling it. I budget by allowing myself a certain amount of money a week and I figure out a way to make that amount work in my lifestyle.
- Which sister are you closer with: I’m close with both equally. They are my best friends but in totally different ways. They are the most special people and I don’t know what I’d do without either of them.
- What is your background: Half Israeli.
- What is your favorite drink: Patron on the rocks with a splash of pineapple juice.
- What breed is your dog: Cavalier King Charles.
- Favorite kind of cuisine: Sushi!
- What do you DVR: Sex and The City, Family Guy, Friends and The Bachelor.
- How did you become a blogger: I decided to post my outfits on the internet 6 years ago for fun. It soon after became an industry and I dove right in!
- What upsets you: How often I get stuck in a broken elevator (it’s true and it’s terrifying), pretentious people, liars, when my dog barks like crazy at another dog on the street, when my fiance can’t pick a movie to order, enslavement of animals, being seated an hour after your reservation.
- What fascinates you: Weather, space and death.
- Who is your celebrity crush: Chris Hemsworth.
- Where is your wedding and what is the date: It’s at Fisher Island in Miami on October 18th, 2014.
- Favorite quote right now: “Be with those that bring out the best in you, not the stress in you.”
- What’s up next for you: My somethingnavy clothing line, I know I’ve spoken about it many times but this time it’s really happening and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Hope you all love it.
I’m trying to make an effort during these dreadful days of March. It’s hard to really get dressed up when it’s this cold and gloomy outside. I paired my new oversize Wildfox denim shirt with a darker shade of blue skinny jeans. The shoes are a pop of color that in my mind make me feel like I’m in warm weather. I’m usually not big on statement accessories but this gold necklace from Banana Republic helped bring the outfit alive.
It’s starting to get super difficult putting an outfit together. I seriously can not look at anything in my closet at this point. I feel like with this weather I’m just continuously wearing the same things over and over again and I rarely get to change up the shoes because only boots will suffice at this time. The whole idea right now is to make sure every piece of skin on your body is covered and you don’t get sick. I am of course dealing with the end of a cold and I’m supposed to leave on Thursday for Mexico. Quick doctors appointment today to make sure I’m all good to travel and then I’ll be in a good mood.
It’s no mystery how big of a fan I am of Cynthia Rowley and all of her collections. I love how she always adds that hint of surfer LA girl to her feminine pieces. The scuba material of these trousers make them super easy to lounge in but also can be dressed http://mwcdc.org/buy-brand-viagra up with a pair of heels. The Hawaiian like prints brighten up an all black ensemble and bring a little light to a freezing cold day like today.
Check out the beautiful time lapse video shot during her Spring presentation!
And the snow is back! All week and I’m sick in bed with a cold. Just great. I can’t wait for next week. My fiance and I are going to Mexico for a little vacation and I need it big time. If I don’t see warm weather and sunshine in the next couple days I will go into serious hibernation and that can’t be good for a blogger, ha. I wore my snakeskin shiny James Jeans and threw my fiances J.CREW sweater with it. I’ve succumbed to borrowing from my fiances closet – that is how badly we need the seasons to change already. ONE MORE MONTH!