New York City: My favorites :)
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010
A reader asked me to post a few of my favorite places to go out in the city. I’ve come up with a few places you could catch me at on the weekends having a drink with my friends!
- So my first place was introduced to me by someone special but he moved to LA
The 55 Bar – 55 Christopher Street
- My second place would be the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel. I go with my older sister, usually as a sister night – more of a lounge ‘catch me if you can’ type of look. Really fun and cool, my favorite part is that when you go to the bathroom, the window is from the floor to ceiling completely opened to New York City. It’s rather exciting!
The Boom Boom Room:
848 Washington St
(at W. 13th St)
- My third place I would choose is Southside. I really like going there on a saturday night because it’s a dance party and drinks. Great music, cool space, and always so much fun. Anywhere can be fun with the right people (like your friends, of course)
Southside: 1 Cleveland Place
- My fourth place would be SL, Simyone Lounge. I always have fun there when I go, you really need to go to these places with at least one or two of your friends, because it’s always more fun that way, even to just drink at the bar and hang out.
Simyone Lounge: 409 W. 14TH street
- My fifth, I’d say the Thompson Hotel Rooftop. It’s really fun to go for a drink date, or just to go with a few of your friends. They start to play fun music later on, so it could be a cool full night, but it’s a great place to start and hang out. In the winter they cover the bar clearly because it’s freezing, but when it’s open in the summer it’s even better.
Thompson Hotel Rooftop: 60 Thompson Street