Wednesday, June 30th, 2010
(dress: doucetteduvall, belt: h&m, hat: patricia underwood, shoes: valentino)
finally i get to introduce on my blog DoucetteDuvall! I was lucky enough to meet with one of the creators of this amazing line, Annebet. She sat down with me for an interview on how DoucetteDuvall began and her inspiration. She brought me a few pieces that I died over, the next few posts will be dedicated to doucetteduvall and some of the fabulous pieces for the fall line.
1. How did you first go about starting your line?
A: I lived in a walk up in little Italy and my neighbor and I decided to start a line together.
2. What is your favorite collection for fall?
A: Proenza Schouler – resort. Love the mix and match style.
3. What is your inspiration behind the collection?
A: Menswear was the biggest inspiration, sort of like your boyfriends clothing.
4. How do you create a line that will stand out from other collections?
A: It is really hard. Every collection of ours is superior to the collection before that. We try to make it eco friendly, and a lot of prints and mixing and matching.
5. What are you wearing today? And how do you describe your own style?
A: My dress is Doucette Duvall, my shoes are Marc Jacobs, and jewelry is Jennifer Miller. My style is about being comfortable. Mostly vintage t-shirts.
6. What advice can you give girls who are trying to start their own line? Where do they begin?
A: It’s a lot simpler than you would think. Do what it is you like and feel, and GET a business manager. Produce locally (NY+LA).
7. What are your 3 must haves in your closet for fall?
A: I own a business so I’m not really a big shopper, but 1. brooklyn bridge ring by Noir, 2. A franny pack (Fanny pack), and 3. lots of shoes!
8. Can you describe your line in 3 words?
A: Every girl, downtown-uptown, cozy, menswear, wools, heavy silks, basically stuff you want to wear.